Thank you to everyone who entered. Entries truly encapsulated the ordinary brilliance of rugby.
The very challenging job of judging is underway and winners will be announced soon along with details on where to buy the calendar - because we know you want to!!
Here at the Cauliflower Club we celebrate the Ordinary Brilliance of Rugby. From the bush to the beach, on wheels or legs and at all levels of competence, we aim to celebrate the values that personify this sport and celebrate the individuals who make Rugby what it is. In fact we love it so much, we named our charity in celebration of the props, second rowers and back rowers who might not win you a one off game, but will win you the comp. We love backs, simply because when they run or knock the ball on, we get to have a rest, so we can once again focus on the elements of the game that really matter.
And in the same vein that rejects the premise that backs make the sport pretty, we reject the fact that the chiselled chassis on social media should be promoted. We love a rig that has embraced sausages sangas, stubbies and scrummaging and we will promote this. Therefore we want you to join us to celebrate these rigs in the: 2021 Calendar: The most ordinary Rigs in Rugby
The search will be nationwide and across all the elements of Rugby. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or mates via Instagram. In order for your entry to be considered you must:
a) tag @thecauliflowerclub
b) include the hashtag #CCAordinaryrig
c) Don't forget to also tag your rugby club, so they can get behind you and support you.
We are seeking 12 individuals to grace each month. All photos will be judged… to some degree.. by the following criteria.
1. you love rugby.
2. If you are a ‘rep player’,you must have had 2 solid years in the paddock since you last played rep footy.
3. The person must have never run more than 30 metres to score a try
4. Be able to hold a can and eat a bacon and egg roll at the same time.
5. Six packs are automatic disqualification; unless you are carrying it
6. Individuals are encouraged to wear budgy smugglers, and/or skin tight apparatus used to hide rig under a jumper.
7. Accessories are more than welcome and extra points awarded for innovation
8. Bonus point for likes/shares on social media, and a description of the ordinary brilliance of the person pictured.
If you are nominating someone else, please ensure you follow the three steps above, so that we can count the entry.
We will then pick the top entries for the public to vote on and the winner will be selected 50% on social media votes and 50% on an internal deliberation via our very esteemed judging panel.
As well as appearing in the Calendar as our January featured 'ordinary rig', the overall winner will receive some extra goodies.
Thanks to our good friends over at Budgy Smuggler there is a $4000 custom budgy pack - which means custom smugglers for your entire club (up to 100 players). Imagine that - custom smugglers! You will be the finest looking Club in the land. So get thinking about what you would design if you were the winner. And if you can't wait that long - check out the custom Budgy Smuggler page at https://budgysmuggler.com.au/pages/custom-swimwear
Because we know that you will want to buy these in bulk to get your Christmas gift giving sorted we will be selling the calendars through our website. Calendars will be produced in full colour to showcase the fabulousness of our winners. They will be A5 with a tent stand so you can proudly position them on your desk, your bookshelf, or wherever you want daily inspiration. The link to purchase will go up as shortly and you will be able to pre-order to avoid missing out.
Owner of a used athletic body and now a proud ordinary rig owner. To relive the video from which this image is taken click below
Accomplished rugby host who has spent more than enough time on the sideline to spot ordinary rigs.
Rugby commentator who critiques rigs and their performance on a daily basis. Still in hair and make up so image is pending.
1. The CAULIFLOWER CLUB ABN 51163480680 (CCA) is running a promotion on its Instagram account (Platform).
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which may be amended from time to time. Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
3. To enter, post a photo of you on the Platform using the hashtag #CCAordinaryrig and tagging @cauliflowerclub during the Promotional Period.
4. Entry is only open to Australian residents who are over the age of 18.
5. If your entry is chosen as a winner, the entrant must provide a copy of the photograph to the CCA by email that is of suitable quality for reproduction, so please take photos in HD mode on your device..
6. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. All entries will be judged individually on their merits. Entries will be judged by a panel of independent judges selected by the Cauliflower Club Australia,
7. The panel of judges will select 12 individuals as winners considering the following criteria:
a. If you are a ‘rep player’, you must have had 2 solid years in the paddock since you last played representative footy;
b. you must have never run more than 30 metres to score a try;
c. you must be able to hold a can and eat a bacon and egg roll at the same time;
d. a “six pack” will result in automatic disqualification (unless you are carrying it);
e. individuals are encouraged to wear Budgy Smuggler attire and/or utilise a skin tight apparatus in order to hide their ‘rig’ under a jumper;
f. accessories are more than welcome and extra points awarded for innovation
g. “bonus points” will be awarded for likes/shares on social media, and a description of the ordinary brilliance of the person pictured.
8. Judging will take place on or before Friday, 20 November 2020 via an appropriate means of audiovisual technology such as Zoom. The 12 winners selected by the judging panel will be announced in full on the CCA website.
9. Judging is at the absolute discretion of the judges, whose decisions are final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The 12 entries that are judged by the panel of judges as winners will have their entry included in the 2021 Cauliflower Club Australia Calendar (Calendar Prize).
11. The judges will select one overall winner as the best entry will receive a $4000 worth of customisable Budgy Smuggler product for their Rugby Union football club (Major Prize).
12. There is one (1) Major Prize to be won. The Major Prize is valued at approximately $4000.
13. There are 12 Calendar Prizes to be won, which do not have a monetary value.
14. The winners of the Major Prize and Calendar Prize will be notified on the Platform on 20 November 2020 and will be posted on the CCA website.
15. The winner must send a return message accepting his or her Major Prize and Calendar Prize within 48 hours, or else he or she will be deemed to have forfeited his or her right to the Major Prize or Calendar Prize. Upon receiving a message from the entrant accepting a Major Prize or Calendar, the CCA will send another message to the winner explaining how to claim and redeem the Major Prize or Calendar Prize.
16. The CCA will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the Major Prize and Calendar Prize winners.
17. In the event that a winner forfeits his or her right to the Major Prize or Calendar Prize, or cannot be identified or contacted within two business days of the judging, despite reasonable attempts to do so, or the winner does not comply with these Terms and Conditions in a way that would render him or her ineligible to claim or avail of the Major Prize, or the Major Prize is unclaimed for any other reason whatsoever, the CCA will send a message on the Platform to the entrant who is judged by the panel of judges as the next best entrant, within two business days of the date on which the winner forfeited his or her right to the Major Prize or Calendar Prize, or the date on which it was determined that the winner cannot be identified or contacted despite reasonable attempts to do so, or the date on which it was determined that the winner does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, notifying that entrant that he or she is a second chance winner.
18. Each second chance winner must send a return message accepting his or her Major Prize or Calendar Prize within 48 hours, or else he or she will be deemed to have forfeited his or her right to the Major Prize or Calendar Prize. Upon receiving a message accepting a Major Prize or Calendar Prize, the CCA will send another message to the second chance winner explaining how to claim and redeem the Major Prize or Calendar Prize. In the event that the second chance winner forfeits his or her right to the Major Prize or Calendar Prize, the second chance winner cannot be identified or contacted within two business days of the second chance draw despite reasonable attempts to do so, the second chance winner does not comply with these Terms and Conditions in a way that would render him or her ineligible to claim or avail of the Major Prize or Calendar Prize, or the Major Prize or Calendar Prize is unclaimed for any other reason whatsoever, the CCA may dispose of the Major Prize or Calendar Prize as it sees fit (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
19. The CCA will make the Major Prize available to the winner or second chance winner within 90 days of the winner or second chance winner accepting his or her Major Prize.
20. By entering the promotion, entrants agree to release the Platform from any and all claims and demands arising out of, or in connection with, participation in the promotion or with any of the prizes offered. Entrants agree to any rules or guidelines stipulated by the Platform relating to the use of the Platform and his or her participation in any promotion or similar.
21. The promotion will run from 7 October 2020 at 12.01am until 18 November 2020 at 11.59pm (the Promotional Period).
23. Individuals can only enter this promotion during the Promotional Period. All entries must be received by the CCA via the Instagram account before the end of the Promotional Period. Entries are deemed to be made at the time of posting on Instagram. Entries received after the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
24. The CCA takes no responsibility should an individual not have the software, hardware or mobile phone plan that would permit access to and use of the CCA website or the Platform. Any cost associated with accessing the internet or own loading data on a mobile device is the sole responsibility of the entrant and is dependent on the internet/mobile service provider used.
25. The CCA, in its sole discretion and subject to any prohibition by law to do so or any written direction from a regulatory authority, may cancel the promotion at any time or disqualify an entrant. Entries that are not genuine or are incomplete, late or in any way fraudulent or deemed to be inappropriate or unacceptable for any reason by the CCA will be declared void.
26. If an entry posted on the Platform by an entrant is deemed to be inappropriate or unacceptable for any reason by the CCA (in its absolute discretion) the CCA will have the right to request that the post is deleted by the Entrant, and the Entrant must comply with this request.
27. By entering the promotion, the entrant agrees that the CCA may publish his or her photo or video on any Platform, in the form of a Calendar, website, social post, newsletter, email or by any other means.
28. By entering the promotion, the entrant agrees that the CCA may use his or her photo as part of a calendar which will be sold in order to raise funds for the purposes of the CCA.
29. The total maximum prize pool is approximately $4,000.
30. If any prize (or component thereof) becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the CCA’s control, the CCA may substitute a prize or element of a prize of equal or greater RRP value at the CCA’s sole discretion, subject to any written directions from the relevant authorities. Winners will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the prize (or component thereof) has been substituted at equal or greater RRP value.
31. Prizes, and any portions of a prize, are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. No part of the prizes can be resold (at a premium or otherwise), advertised or offered for resale on the internet or any other medium. Stated prize values are the recommended retail value (including GST) in Australian dollars, are provided by the supplier and are correct at the time of printing.
32. The CCA accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected claims or other communications. The CCA’s decision is final and binding; no correspondence will be entered into. The CCA reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winners and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the CCA, whose decision is final. The CCA reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in interfering, manipulating or tampering with this promotion.
33. Entrants consent to the CCA using their name, likeness, image and voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed or supplied by the CCA.
34. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the CCA, the CCA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any entrant or, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
35. The CCA reserves the right to disqualify any entry that gives rise to an actual or potential breach of any Platform’s policies. The CCA may choose to demonstrate that an entry has been disqualified by any means it sees fit in its sole discretion including by, for example reporting the post to a Platform or seeking that a post be deleted from a Platform.
36. To the extent permitted by law, the CCA (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be responsible for any acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared), state of emergency, disaster, technical failures, security breaches, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, computer viruses or other events beyond the CCA’s control which affect the proper conduct or administration of this promotion, or prevent the awarding of a prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. If such an event occurs, the CCA reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
37. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies the statutory consumer guarantees provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or any other implied warranties under any legislation in Australia. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the CCA (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) arising in any way out of this promotion, including but not limited to where such injury, loss or damage arises out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the CCAs control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the CCA; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner, his or her travel guest or an entrant; (f) participation in this promotion
38. All entries must be owned and created by the entrant. All entries and all intellectual property and other rights in such entries will become the property of the CCA. Each entrant agrees to provide a written assignment of all rights to the CCA if requested.
39. By submitting an entry the CCA as part of this promotion, each entrant:
(a) authorises the CCA to use and/or license third parties to use such entry in whole or in part, in any territory, for an unlimited period without remuneration on any media;
(b) represents and warrants that the entry, and the publication of that entry by the CCA:
i. are original to the entrant and fully cleared for use as contemplated in these Terms and Conditions;
ii. do not and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement the entrant may be a party to;
iii. do not infringe the intellectual property rights or other right; and
iv. do not contain any matter the publication of which will violate any law, and
(c) unconditionally and irrevocably consents to any act or omission which would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the entry and waives all moral rights in the entry that arise outside Australia;
(d) warrants that where the entry contains the image, likeness or any identifying characteristic of another person, the entrant has received express consent from those other people to be included in the submission. The entrant indemnifies the CCA for any breach of this warranty and for any breach of privacy legislation.
40. The agreement which comes into force under these Terms and Conditions is governed by, and must be construed in accordance with, the laws in force in New South Wales, and the CCA and any consumer who participates in this offer submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State in respect of all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, and the performance or subject matter of this offer.
41. Entries remain the property of the CCA. Details from entries will be collected and used for the purpose of conducting this promotion (which may include disclosure to third parties) and for promotional purposes surrounding this promotion. By entering this promotion entrants consent to the use of their information as described and agree that the CCA may use this information, or disclose it to other organisations that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment to the entrant.